Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University the only Medical University of Bangladesh has invited application for admission in Postgraduate Residency Program in MD, MS and Mphil in different faculties and subjects for the session March-2013.
BSMMU Postgraduate Residency Program will cover both Phase A and Phase B students.
Quick Links for BSMMU Residency Programs:
>>Notice for Phase-A Students
>>Notice for Phase-B Students
>>Online Application link after Deposition of money
Residency Program for Phase-A Students:
1. Applications are invited from Medica/Dental graduates for admission into MD/MS/M.Phil, Phase-A Residency program in the Faculties of Medicine, Surgery, Basic Science and Para clinical science and Dentistry in Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Dhaka for the academic session starting on 1st March, 2013.
2. Candidates has to apply online and this will be available on website www.bsmmu.edu.bd, www.bsmmu.org and exam.bsmmu.org from 30/09/2012 (30 September) on Payment of Tk. 3000/= (Non refundable) in favour of BSMMU Examination Fund, SB A/C No. 13692-0, Pubali Bank Ltd., Shahbag, Branch, Dhaka from any online branch of Pubali bank Ltd.
No supporting Papers are needed during online submission of application for Phase-A.
After deposition of money, candidate can fill the application online from next day.
Candidate has to upload his/her color photograph (not older that one month) and signature. Keep the file size of color photograph small so that you can upload that easily.
3. Last date for submission of application through online is 18 October’2012.
4. Written admission test will be held on 16-11-2012, Friday from 09.00 AM to 12.00 PM in BUET Campus, Dhaka.
Residency Program for Phase-B and Foreign Students:
1. Application form is to be collected from Pubali bank Ltd, Shahbagh Branch, Dhaka on Payment of TK. 3000/= (non refundable) for Bangladeshi Students and equivalent taka of US$ 100.00 (non refundable) for foreign students in favor of “BSMMU Examination Fund, SB A/C no. 13692-0 Pubali Bank Ltd. Shahbagh Branch, Dhaka.
Be aware of: Phase-B Students for Residency Program in BSMMU will have to apply through application form (an not Online). After Filling form it should be submitted along with the deposited money receipt.
3. Last date for submission of application to the office of controller of Examinations, Room No. 105 (1st floor), Block B, BSMMU, Shahbagh, Dhaka-1000 is 22 November’2012 before 2.30 PM.
Address of Help Desk for Residency Program Admission:
Digital Library, Block-A, Central Library (4th Floor), BSMMU, Shahbagh, Dhaka.
Digital Library, Room No- 126, Block-B (1st Floor), BSMMU, Shahbagh, Dhaka.
Contact Numbers: 01776062016&01771257535.
Information for admission into MD/MS/M.Phil Residency Programmed in BSMMU for the session starting on 1st March-2013:
FOR PHASE-B STUDENTS
Admission into MD/MS courses (Duration : 03 years):
- Candidates with FCPS/MD/MS in major subjects can be enrolled in Phase-B of MD/MS residency Programme of sub-specialty in BSMMU. However candidates with FCPS/ MD/MS or equivalent degree will not be eligible to Phase-B course in BSMMU in the same subjects in which the above qualification was obtained.
- FCPS/MD-Medicine can only be enrolled in Phase-B of MD course in any of the following subjects: Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Psychiatry, Radiotherapy, Physical Medicine, EM, Hepatology, Nephrology & Rheumatology.
- FCPS/MD Paediatrics can only be enrolled in Phase-B of MD course in any of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Paediatric Haemato-oncology, Paediatric Nephrology, Neonatology.
- FCPS MS Surgery can only be enrolled in Phase-B of MS course in any of Neuro-surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Urology, Colorectal Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Cardio-Vascular Surgery.
- The degree should be recognized by BMDC.
- Eligible candidates will be notified to appear before an interview board. They are not required to sit for written test. Original documents must be produced at the time of interview.
- Separate lists of the provisionally selected government and non-government candidates will be shown on the notice board outside the office of Controller of Examinations of BSMMU Dhaka or BSMMU official Web site( www.bsmmu.edu.bd)
Documents to be submitted with application
- One copy of recent passport size photographs.
- Candidates should apply through proper channel with signature of the controlling officer and the seal of his office (with a forwarding letter, not in the form of certificate).
- Attested photocopies of the following
- SSC or equivalent original certificate containing the date of birth.
- MBBS/BDS, Postgraduate / equivalent Degree Certificate.
- Internship certificate.
- BMDC permanent registration certificate (renewed up to 28th February ’2013)
- Order of first posting in the government service (where applicable)
- Appointment letter & Joining report at the first place of posting in BSMMU/ Government Service ” Semi Govt. ‘Autonomous bodies (where applicable)
- Last deputation order (where applicable)
- Money receipt.
FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
Admission into Phase-A and Phase- B courses
i) Foreign students are to collect NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their Mission / Embassy in Bangladesh. Their MBBS/BDS/Postgraduate / equivalent Degree Certificate will be required to get equivalency recognition from BMDC (Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council).
iii) Internship certificate of one year.
iv) Completion of one year after internship.
v) Age not over 45 years on 28-02-2013 far Phase-A candidates.
vi) All eligible candidates shall have to appear before the interview board of the department of the University.
vii) The University authority may not provide hostel accommodation for the selected candidates.