The admission tests for session 2012-13 of five faculties under Dhaka University (DU) will begin from 12 October 2012.
Vice chancellor of DU A A M S Arefin Siddique has disclosed this news on 24 July 2012. He said the decision was taken in the Dean’s meeting.
Time frames for DU Admission procedure:
Online Application starts: 26 August 2012
Last Date of Application: 15 September 2012
Last Date of Payment: 17 September 2012
Admission Fee: 350 Taka (Including Bank and Online Charge)
Dates of admission tests in different units of DU are as follows-
“Ka” unit — 12 October 2012,
“Kha” unit– 19 October 2012,
“Ga” unit–23 November 2012(changed due to vacation gap),
“Gha” unit (changing discipline) — 09 November 2012 and
“Cha” unit (fine arts faculty) –16 November 2012.
*** ‘Gha’ unit is for the students who want to change their discipline of study.
Where to find the application form:
Dhaka University website: www.admission.univdhaka.edu
General Instructions for Dhaka University Admission:
- Candidates who passed HSC or Equivalent exam in the year 2012 or 2011 will be allowed to apply for admission into Dhaka University. And he/she should have passed SSC or Equivalent exam in 2007 or later.
- Payslip of Primary application can be collected from 12.00 PM on 26 August to 25 September.
- Money may be deposited in any branch of Sonali, Janata, Agrani or Rupali Bank from 26 August to 30 September. See Step 2 for more information.
Admission Criteria for Different Units of DU at a glance (Without 4th sub)
KA Unit : - Total GPA in SSC & HSC or equivalents examinations combining minimum 8.00;
Kha Unit: Minimum 7.00;
Ga Unit: Minimum 7.5.
Gha Unit: Minimum GPA is 7.00 for Humanities Group, GPA 8.00 for Science Group and GPA 7.5 for Business Studies Group.
Applicants must have GPA 6.00 in Bangla and English subjects combining in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations for applying in Gha unit and grade below C (Grade point 3) in any subject will not be allowed.
For Cha Unit the requirement of GPA is 6.5 (without 4th subject) combining in SSC and HSC or equivalents examinations.
For GCE Level – Applicants have to be passed in five subjects in ‘O’ Level examination and at least two subjects in ‘A’ Level examination and ‘B’ grade in at least four subjects within seven subjects and ‘C’ grade in at least three subjects in both level.
Admission test fee is Tk 350 including bank service charge and online service fee.
Instruction for candidates already admitted into Dhaka University in 2011-12 Session:
If a candidate want to sit for admission test to change department he/she has to take permission in written form and when he/she gets a new department is to wait for granting permission from the Dean of respective department.
But it is to be noted that students who passed HSC/Equivalent exam in the year 201o or earlier will not be allowed to apply to sit for admission test in 2012-13 session.
Steps to be followed by a candidate to apply for admission in DU:
First Step: (Selection of Unit)
The subjects of different Units are listed in this website. A candidate will chose a unit (Ka/Kha/Ga/Gha/Cha) based upon his/her studied subjects in HSC/Equivalent (Science/Humanities/Commerce).
- A candidate will be able to collect and print payslip to deposit money in the banks by clicking ‘Apply’ link and entering HSC/Equivalent exam Roll No, Education board and Year of passing.
- After downloading, print the payment slip on A4 size paper.
- Sign and attach a passport size photograph on the appropriate places of the printed Payment Slip.
- Pay the application fee (Tk. 300.00) at any nearby branch of SONALI, JANATA, AGRANI or RUPALI banks with the payment slip (the bank will charge an additional Tk. 20/- for money transfer).